Monday, September 21, 2009

Getting Back in The Swing

Well I'm back from a two week vacation in California. I saw some beautiful sights, went camping, saw family and... it's nice to be back in front of the warm glow of my computer screen. I'm looking forward to my nightly Warhammer gaming session with the Orange County guys (and girl). Gruggy, my level 31 choppa has some catching up to do with the rest of them, but I don't anticipate that slowing things down too much.

I'm now strongly considering getting Batman Arkham Asylum as it's been getting phenomenal reviews. Fifty bucks is a lot for a linear single player game, but I like batman and it's hard to ignore the entire gaming communities reviews. Even Yahtzee liked it, so I guess I have to play it now.

I just dropped some cash on a nice Samsung virtual surround sound system for the TV and I must say it's making the nightly Battlestar Gallactica episode with the girlfriend far more immersive. Space should always have a subwoofer to compliment it.

I have a lot of catching up to do with the Eve Alliance Tournament but I hear that Pandemic Legion pulled off a nice victory, and managed to spice things up with their stealth bombers. I'm sure that's going to be a fun watch.

Also, my mouth is starting to water in anticipation for the new Navy Issue Battleships. In particular the Navy Dominix. I know it isn't the most exciting new Navy Issue ship, but I'm a drone boat kind of guy and a beefier drone boat is always welcome.

- Rakanishu out

3 comments:

  1. Can't recommend Arkham Asylum enough. Such a good game. You won't regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even the demo on 360 was a TON of fun for the whole 10-20minutes it was. If you liked the original cartoon and the newer movies, the game does a great job of tying it all together storywise. The game itself is just pure fun.

    Plus Mark Hammill as the Joker once again is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The demo is impressive. I'm constantly surprised though how people find the time to play more than a single game ... I have my hands full with Eve alone.

    I guess I'm lucky, keeps my gaming budget down.

    ReplyDelete